|Special Commissioner for Hindu Religious Charitable Endowments T.R. Srinivasan (at center) laid the first brick for a plaque commemorating discovery of Jnanamalai inscription.|
In 1998 some local people along with Archeological Department officials discovered a worn stone inscription which translated affirms:
The period is established as AD 1322-1340. On seeing this news item in the newspaper Dinamani our tiruppugazh thondar Ra. Krishnan, the author of several books including Arunagirinathar Adicchuvattil ("In the Footsteps of Arunagirinathar"), visited the site, conducted research and established conclusively that this sthalam is indeed Jñāna Malai celebrated in the songs of Saint Arunagirinathar.
Hectic activity followed, and last year some abishekams were performed by our Siruvapuri Murugan Abishega Committee and on 15 September 2000 kumbhabhishekam was performed after moderate renovation by the villagers.
|Living Heritage Trust ©2021 All Rights Reserved|